Insurances that can be billed:
- United Healthcare
- Cigna PPO
- Coming Soon Moda
- Coming Soon Tricare
- Coming Soon Aetna
For other plans each visit you will be provided with a simple invoice, or “superbill” you can submit directly to your insurance company to seek out-of-network provider reimbursement. Plans that exclude out-of network visits will not be eligible for reimbursement. Lactation services are covered under the Affordable Care Act and you can use HSA (Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, or Health Reimbursement Accounts. It is up to you to investigate your coverage and you are responsible for any charges insurance does not cover.
*Payments are collected at the time of service if not paid prior to appointment.
For those patients with financial circumstances that may limit access to services, a payment schedule or sliding-scale charge may be arranged. The arrangements must be made prior to any services being provided. Qualification will be determined on an individual basis.
Questions to consider asking your insurance carrier prior to your appointment:
- What is my coverage for out-of-network Lactation services?
- Is my provider required to be credentialed as an out-of-network provider for me to receive reimbursement? If yes, please let Kisha know.
- Does my insurance exclude home visits for lactation services (location code 12)?
- Do I have a co-payment or is there a percentage of the bill I will be responsible for?
- Does my plan require a deductible to be paid for the calendar year before the coverage begins? If so, what is the dollar amount?
- Does my insurance plan only cover a limited number of sessions for each calendar year?
- Is there a fax number I can use to submit therapy superbills (Kisha will provide superbills to you)* If not, what address should be used?
- Is there an additional form to be submitted with superbills?
* When submitting superbills to insurance please be sure to specify that you would like direct reimbursement.
Get in Touch
Kisha Johnston, IBCLC, BS
Beaverton, Tigard, Hillsboro, and surrounding areas